Friday, September 28, 2007

US finally overtakes Nigeria

DELHI (28 Sep): Although it may seem like I have lost all hope with this world we live in, some events shock you to the very core and turn your beliefs upside down. As a magnanimous gesture of philanthropy, I received this email, which I present in its entirety. I know, I might not be the lone recipient of such a gift, but please, let me savour this moment while it lasts.


From Us Military Base
Iraq(Baghdad)2007


Hello Dear
My name is Sgnt David Hill. I am an American soldier, serving in the military with the Third (3rd) infantry Division in Iraq . I and my superior after going on a rampage on Saddam Hussein's palace in Baghdad we discovered a large container where various denominations of currency worth millions are hidden.

You can enter the below website to confirm more of our discovery which was made known to the government, but this particular one is a top secret:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm
Having discovered the container in question, I alerted my superior officer who smartly told me to cart away a substantial amount. The fund in question was moved to a secure place with the assistance of our contact person in United Kingdom .

Family Doctor of our British military colleague); the total is $25,000,000.00 (Twenty-five million US dollars). Basically since we are still in active service, we cannot keep this fund in our bank accounts. It is on this juncture that I was mandated by my superior to look for a reliable and trustworthy person who could assist us to receive the fund on our behalf for investment purposes. Hence, my contacting you.

There is no risk involved whatsoever. If you are interested, I will send you more instructions on how to get the money. My duty is to find a good partner that we can trust and that will assist us secure the fund. Can I trust you? To ensure confidentiality, when you receive this letter, kindly reply our Family Doctor in london Mr Johnson cole with the information Email: johnsoncole_442@rediffmail.com Please Remember To Submitt Your Full Name/Address/Age/Occupation/Phone Number To Him
















Thanks

Sgnt David Hill

In God We Trust

My respect for Sergeants has grown exponentially since the day I saw Sgt. Hartman shot at point blank range in Full Metal Jacket. So when an army Sergeant beckons and beseeches and uses some more "be-" words, I listen. But "be-"fore I proceed with sending my details, I need to iron out a few doubts and clarify my stand.
  1. I am a big fan of rampages, and the looting and pillaging that goes with it. No problems here, we see eye to eye in this matter. I unearthed lots of treasures the last time I went on a rampage, although later it turned out that it was my own house.
  2. In God I do not trust. But, as mentioned before, in rampages I do.
  3. The top secret findings of your 'rampage' are made available on BBC's website. I find all this, as Britishers would say, particularly singular.
  4. For an American, your English is not too impressive. Maybe it is years of eating those "Freedom Fries" and hamburgers, that has successfully removed a big chunk of your brain. Such poor use of grammar and vocabulary is more suited to, lets say, an Indian H1-holding software engineer living in New Jersey1.
  5. When I saw the photograph, which is an irrefutable proof of the veracity of this rampaging operation, I almost sent all the details you had asked for, before I realized that the rampager in the picture is some Lt. King. That is very naughty of you Sgt. Hill, unless you go as Lt. King during daytime.
  6. I am touched that you might consider me as a partner. Your God knows how much have I desired a partner, preferably of the opposite gender.
  7. Another singular observation, which makes it plural now, is that your family doctor possesses a rediffmail address. I expected something better, or more 'British'. Atleast a yahoo.co.uk.
So until I get these doubts cleared, my dear Sgt. Hill/Lt. King, I will keep my details and my initial monetary contribution (which, no doubt, you will ask for later) to myself.

Have fun fighting the Iraqis, and carry on with the rampaging,
Rahul

1 To all my desi friends in Jersey, please to be forgiving me for my remark. A thousand apologies to you. Thank you! come again!

4 comments:

Mudra said...

LOL... Hilarious!! I dunno why, if they want to con people, why can't they create emails that are at least more believable?

The dude in the pic looks like an extra in a sitcom, though. Damn, even he isn't believable!

Tweety said...

This is too hard to believe ;)
I finally concluded you have have probably made up the email as well, as a part of your post.... but I guess not !

Awesome stuff btw.. totally hilarious!
You seem to be back in your element..

Cheers,
Shruti

The Golden Silence said...

Too good...

I've received mails that say "XYZ" died of some illness and has left some huge amount to be inherited... unfortunately no heir exists... and I am the chosen one :)

But this one is better, news references and photographic proof of the money... the hoodwinkers are improving !!!

rayshma said...

oh, d other day i recd a mail which said they'd send me 1 mn USDs if I could share my Zip Code *equivalent of d PO Box Num, lest u think of smthng else!* with them.
maybe Sgt Hill's a texan - they speak bad english AND watch King of the Hill. Also, most of my desi frenz speak better english than most of d americans i've interacted with! :)
p.s.: blog-hopped by. liked ur writing style! :)